Rosa mosqueta, sweetbriar or Chilean rose belongs to the wild rose family which numbers over 100 species. It inhabits wild slopes of the Andes, and is another proof of how something most beautiful can flourish even in the harshest of conditions. In addition to its beauty, this plant has many useful properties. In Chile, it has been used for centuries for skin care and treatment, and is known as the “fruit of eternal youth”, precisely because it has an extraordinary power to heal and regenerate the skin.
Chilean rose, i.e. its fruit – hip, is a strong antioxidant, it protects the body from diseases, helps it fight infections, strengthens the immune system, improves digestion and has a laxative and diuretic effect. Thanks to it, a tired, exhausted body restores its strength.
The therapeutic properties of this rose work best on our skin. Chilean wild rosehip oil is very effective in stimulating skin cell regeneration. It is rich in vitamins B, C and K, beta carotene and tannins. Its most therapeutic properties are found in unsaturated fatty acids: oleic, linolenic, linoleic and retinoic. Retinoic acid is the metabolite of vitamin A. Carotenes, which play an important role in protecting the skin from harmful sun exposure (neochrome, lutein, zeaxanthin, rubixanthin, lycopene and beta carotene) are all ingredients of this oil. Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, additionally strengthens skin’s immunity. Chilean wild rosehip oil is also rich in minerals: phosphorous, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, manganese and zinc – which give it additional antioxidant properties. Research has shown that Chilean rosehip extract has an important cytotoxic effect against melanoma and sarcoma cells, i.e. it protects the skin from malign changes.
What are the beneficial effects of Chilean wild rose? The oil of this extraordinary plant:
- removes scars – from wounds, scars after surgery, acne and burns
- increases the skin’s elasticity and stimulates the formation of collagen
- prevents the formation of stretch-marks and smooths out the existing ones
- reduces wrinkles, even the deep ones
- accelerates the healing of burns, including those caused by sun exposure
- protects from harmful sun rays
- balances out the complexion
- heals baby’s skin after rashes
- reduces and eliminates freckles, both those caused by sun exposure and old age
- shrinks pores and restores the skin’s youthful appearance
- protects the skin from infections and prevents the development of malignant cells
- moisturises the skin without blocking the pores
- removes dermatitis, prevents and soothes eczema, soothes skin dryness and itchiness caused by psoriasis and speeds up epithelialization of damaged skin
- balances skin oil levels – whether the skin is oily or dry, thanks to this oil the skin becomes smooth and velvety
- strengthens the nails.
Chilean wild rosehip oil is completely safe to use, for everyone: from early childhood, to teenage years, to pregnancy, middle age and into the old age. And it can be found in Devi balms:
Devi regeneration balm nourishes and regenerates the skin, prevents drying, reduces scars, flaking and irritation. It is good for healthy skin, but also skin affected by eczema and psoriasis.
Devi balm for heel care regenerates, nourishes and softens the heals, removes unpleasant odours and prevents fungal and other infections.
With Devi balms and the Chilean rose, all the way to eternal youth!